The benefits of good dental health reach far beyond a fresh breath and a celebrity smile.
Not only does healthy teeth save you money, but it can also help lower your risk of cardiovascular disease, contribute to an overall healthy pregnancy and reduce your risk of oral cancer.
Unfortunately, dental treatment can be more expensive than mainstream medical treatment. Expenses associated with braces, crowns, bridges and the like never come cheap. Parents and individuals often have to dig deep into their pockets to cover the cost of dental treatment.
Dental cover for Genesis members
Genesis has designed their benefit offering across all their plan options to include good financial cover for basic dentistry. Some enhanced dentistry benefits are also available.
While the majority of medical aids don’t offer dental benefits from their risk benefits, all Genesis members have access to excellent dental benefits.
Furthermore, dentistry benefits on Genesis are covered from members’ risk benefits. This means that members don’t have to pay for their available dental benefits from their available Self Managed Fund benefits or their own pockets.
Dental benefits explained
Dental benefits are covered at the lower of cost or Scheme Tariff for the following qualifying annual benefits when obtained from a registered Dental Practitioner:
• Three (3) dental oral examinations
• Six (6) fillings
• Unlimited tooth extractions
• Six (6) plain X-rays for conservative dentistry (excluding wide angle / panorex imaging and CT / MRI scans)
• Two (2) root canal treatments, excluding root canal treatment on wisdom teeth
• Crowns, bridges or dentures are paid at the lower of cost or Medical Aid Rate, further limited to R5,000
• In-hospital extractions and fillings (once only, lifetime limit) for child beneficiaries under the age of nine (9) years, further limited to R10,000 per case
• Surgical removal of bony impacted wisdom teeth, where pathology and pain are directly associated with the wisdom teeth. This benefit is limited to R10,000 per case and one (1) hospital admission per beneficiary per annum
• One (1) scale and polish
• One (1) dental implant, limited to R10,000 per three year financial year cycle of membership
Our benefit options
Are you interested in joining Genesis, or to find out more about our benefit options?
Please note: The information provided herein is for information purposes only. It is not intended to flout or in any other way compromise the conditions prescribed in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act’s General Code of Conduct insofar as comparing different financial products with each other is concerned. Nothing herein contained is intended to be advice and any uncertainty regarding anything said should be referred to an accredited financial advisor.