Genesis Medical Scheme is seeking to appoint an IT Support Engineer to provide desktop support to the various departments, as well as backend server administration.
- Install and configure software, hardware as well as PC’s and laptops
- Resolve issues surrounding servers, networks and desktop applications
- Liaising with all levels of staff effectively and provide a high level of service
- Make recommendations about future planning and development of resources
The following qualifications are required:
- CompTia A+ or similar qualification, CompTia N+ or IT Diploma or MCSE
- 5 years of experience with IT systems in an environment with 50 or more users.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking and protocols, eg. HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP.
- Basic understanding of network services, eg. email / internet / firewall / Proxy
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems
- Above average knowledge of commonly used applications (Office 2010/13, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Mid to high level experience on Microsoft Active Directory
- Detailed knowledge of computer hardware (Desktops, laptops, components & peripherals)
- Basic experience with Linux and common services, eg. scripting, mysql, postfix, apache.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good troubleshooting abilities
- Attention to detail
If you wish to be considered you should state in your letter of application how you meet the competencies, as described above and email firstname.lastname@example.org.