ONCOLOGY CLINICAL SPECIALIST
Genesis Medical Scheme is seeking to appoint a Senior Oncology Specialist who has the relevant nursing qualification.
Experience in the area of oncology management within the medical schemes environment, is a prerequisite.
The candidate must be bilingual and have the ability to express themselves verbally and in writing.
Management of all oncology related applications for Scheme funding including:
- Receipt and assessment of all motivations for oncology treatment (chemo- and radio-therapy) in accordance with the Scheme rules and current protocols
- Assessment of applications and motivations for oncology related radiology and pathology tests
- Capturing of all relevant data on the Scheme’s IT platform
- Telephonic and written interaction with the Scheme’s oncology advisers
- Telephonic and written interaction with members regarding all oncology matters
- Resolution of all queries related to the funding of oncology treatments
- Active management of the in- and out-of-hospital Major Medical Illness benefit
- Assist members and service providers and action relevant payments
- Liaise with Hospital Case Managers/Service Providers, treating doctors and Medical Advisors as to the treatment of the member. Offer support to the family
If you wish to be considered you should state in your letter of application how you meet the competencies, as described above.