Genesis Medical Scheme offers rich basic dentistry benefits, which are available on all benefit options, including our hospital plans. Our basic dentistry benefits are covered from risk; not from the member’s savings account or his / her own pocket.
Each beneficiary has the following annual basic dentistry benefits:
- Two general consultations;
- Unlimited fillings;
- Unlimited tooth extractions;
- Unlimited x-rays for conservative dentistry (excluding wide angle / panorex imaging and CT / MRI scans);
- Unlimited root canal treatment excluding root canal treatment on wisdom teeth; crowns and temporary / provisional crowns are limited to 50% of the lower of cost or Genesis Rate further limited to R1 200 per annum;
- Surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth where pathology and pain are directly associated with the wisdom teeth; and
- In-hospital extractions and fillings (once only, lifetime limit) for child beneficiaries under the age of 8.
All dental benefits are paid at the lower of cost or Genesis Rate up to R25 000 per beneficiary per annum if the service is obtained from a Dental Practitioner.
Hospital admissions are limited to 1 admission per beneficiary p.a. and are covered at 100% of the cost up to Genesis Rate, limited to the lower of cost or R9 000 per case.
If in any doubt, you are welcome to call Genesis on 0860 10 20 10.